Tuesday, June 27, 2006

humbled yet again

For those of you that haven't heard, or are wondering how I am doing, here's an update. Recently I have been having a lot of trouble seeing. There have been blurry spots in my vision that I was beginning to get concerned about. After spending all day yesterday in Dayton getting my eyes examined, the thought occured to me, if God wanted to take my sight away, he could. Thankfully, he didn't and hopefully, I will make a speedy recovery. Basically, my eyes are supposed to heal on their own in the next couple of weeks but it was humbling to think I could be vision impaired for the rest of my life. That is a harsh reality to face. Either way, it was comforting to think that I can rest in God despite my circumstances. I know that he does truly work everything together for good for those called according to his purposes (Romans 8:28) and even with bad vision, I can still glorify God. Even as I type this post, I'm having trouble seeing so I'll keep it short. I just wanted to encourage anyone reading this that even in suffering, pain, tribulation, discomfort, etc. God still has a plan. I'm just thankful to be a part of it.

4 Comments:

At 14:47, Blogger danny2 said...

: : : : :

(just messing with you.)

glad to hear you're on the mend.

 
At 15:47, Blogger Matt Strader said...

just to let anyone know who is reading this, that is my caring teaching pastor who can't help himself to make fun of my spotty vision...lol.

 
At 09:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

matt, humbling is a life long lesson!! appreciate your ministry at Grace...and love that Isabell

 
At 13:28, Blogger Matt Strader said...

thanks, It was great to see you there last night at youth group.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home